More than Stroke Rehabilitation
Did You Know?
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association has issued its first guidelines on adult stroke rehabilitation calling for intensive, multidisciplinary treatment.
- Before leaving the hospital, patients and caregivers should receive a formal falls-prevention program to prevent accidents at home.
- The consistency of the findings in favor of inpatient rehabilitation facility (IRF) referral suggests that stroke survivors who qualify for IRF services should receive this care in preference to skilled nursing facility-based care.
Other recommendations issued by the AHA/ASA
- Stroke patients who have trouble walking should undergo intense mobility-task training to help relearn how to perform daily activities, such as climbing stairs.
- Stroke patients who have trouble speaking should undergo speech therapy.
- Balance training should be offered to stroke survivors at risk for falls.
- Exercise regimens tailored to individual stroke patients can help them continue to improve their fitness level once their rehabilitation is complete.
Stroke Rehabilitation at Our Hospital
- Stroke Rehabilitation combines specialty therapy for a coordinated treatment plan, improving symptoms, overcoming difficulties and increasing independence for stroke patients.
- Programs help patients adjust to the mental and physical changes following stroke.
- With the goal of returning patients to independent living, therapy teams work to retrain the ability to perform daily tasks and move safely at home and within the community.
Why choose our hospital as your stroke recovery?
Through intensive therapy and treatments, our hospital is committed to providing a seamless transition back home and into the community for patients recovering from stroke.
Our stroke rehabilitation program includes:
- Advanced rehabilitation technologies
- At least three hours of therapy a day, five days a week
- Frequent physician* visits
- Nutritional guidance
- Patient and family education
- Physical, occupational, speech-language and respiratory therapies
- Registered nurses specialized in rehabilitation
- Second Chance stroke screenings
- Support groups
- Weekly team meetings to discuss progress toward goals
*The hospital provides access to independent physicians
All inquiries will be collected by a HealthSouth representative and will receive a response within 24 hours.
Limit 2000 characters